Are you curious about how a film festival is made and interested in documentary film? Then you should apply for one of our internships!
HUMAN International Documentary Festival is Oslo’s largest documentary film festival presenting the newest Norwegian and International documentaries in combination with debates, talks, seminars and workshops, art exhibitions, theatre plays and more. The festival consists of two competition programs: One for best Norwegian documentary, the other for best international human rights documentary. The festival also presents a broader program spanning the best new documentaries regardless of genre. HUMAN idff 2021 takes place in Oslo from 1st to 7th of March.
As an intern, you will take part in the preparations and the execution of the festival. You will be assisting the core festival team in their communication work and other tasks. This is a good opportunity to gain relevant experience for persons who are interested in documentary filmmaking and festival work.
For HUMAN IDFF 2021, we are looking for 2-3 interns to assist us in our communications work.
The interns will assist and contribute to the work of giving the audience good information about the festival events. Other tasks may also be added, in agreement with the interns. Due to the Covid-19 situation, this year’s festival will be different, and changes may occur with regards to the tasks of the interns. We are looking for:
- One or two interns to assist us in work related to our design profile, such as image editing and social media presence.
- One or two interns to assist us with our webpages, primarily through web publishing.
Your schedule will be flexible, but for the first weeks of February and during the festival week (1-7 March), up to 100% full time work is to be expected. We understand that the interns will often be students or have other work, and will work to ensure that the internship is compatible with other commitments.
This work is unpaid. As an intern you will have access to screenings and other festival events for free, and receive a certificate for your effort.
- You must have started or completed relevant higher education, or have relevant experience from similar work.
- You must be proficient in Norwegian and English in writing and orally.
- Experience with InDesign or photoshop is advantageous for the design profile position, but not required.
- Some experience with WordPress or similar tools are required for the web publishing position.
- You are interested in festival production and good documentaries!
Something for you?
Send CV and motivation letter to [email protected]
Application deadline: 15 December
Do you have questions? Contact Program Officer Even Sebastian Skallerud ([email protected])