Norwegian Docs In Competition 2023
Ten new, Norwegian documentaries compete for the HUMAN Award 2023 and a cash prize of 50 000 NOK.
This year’s Norwegian competition programme is finally ready to share! This programme section consists of ten new, exciting Norwegian documentaries which will be competing for the HUMAN Award 2023 and a cash prize og 50.000 NOK.
The films have been selected by a pre-selection committee – read more about them here.
Head og Programming, Kari Nøst Hegseth, is very pleased with this selection of Norwegian documentaries:
– Being able to present this programme is always one of the highlights of the year. To us at HUMAN, the Norwegian competition programme is very important. We want to be a central space for screening and viewing new Norwegian documentaries, and a natural meeting place for the Norwegian documentary film community.
– We are incredibly proud to be able to include these ten impressive films in this year’s festival programme, and give our audience the opportunity to see these excellent films where they belong; on the big screen.
This year’s Norwegian documentaries in competition are:
- BONG THOM (THE BROTHER), directed by Zaradasht Ahmed
- BURIAL, directed by Emilija Škarnulytė
- I GOT WORDS, directed by Runar Gudnason
- FORGET-ME-NOT, directed by Anton Ligaarden
- THE ECLIPSE, directed by Nataša Urban
- NOT THAT KIND OF GUY, directed by Signe Rosenlund-Hauglid
- FIGHTERS, directed by Jon Haukeland
- THE MUM IN ME, directed by Hilde Merete Haug
- EXTRAORDINARY ME, directed by Ragnhild Nøst Bergem
- RAHČAN – ELLA’S RIOT, directed by Anne Marte Blindheim
Click on any film title to read more about each film. Tickets go on sale closer to the festival dates – follow us on social media to stay up to date!
We at HUMAN International Documentary Film Festival are very excited to show you these ten wonderful and thought-provoking films in Oslo in March.